Tuesday, September 29, 2009

How Do You Find Me?



Let's face it; there are hundreds, no, thousands of Realtors in my general marketplace. Some are veterans, some are rookies. Some are excellent practitioners, some should quit the business and go do something else!



HIRE ME!


But this is all about me for the moment. I've been a licensed real estate professional since 2003, and have been learning more about the business every day since then. There have been good days, and there have been bad days.



The good days outweigh the bad days when I am busy with the work of helping one or more clients, because I know that I am doing a terrific job for my clients. Those I have helped are invariably grateful, and make a point to say so. Some have taken the time to write a gracious note of thanks to me. Those notes and kind words are so important to me, confirming to me that I HAVE been of good service to those clients.



So my predicament is this: how do other potential clients find me, and know that I can be of great value to them? Research tells us that the vast majority of people start their home search (if they are buying) on the Internet. So let's look at that for a moment. Yes, my presence is online. My broker company provides a basic website for me. I am blogging with 2 active blogs that deal with real estate. I pay a subscription fee to my national real estate organization to place my name and photo along side any listing that I have on the Realtor.com website. Without paying that fee, my listing will be on Realtor.com, but my connection to that listing is invisible. As a result, someone looking at that listing online will perhaps engage another agent to view that property, and my chance of developing a relationship with that person is nil. I recently activated a subscription to yet another online service that can put my name in front of the consumer, based on comments that I can post on various properties for sale that I have personal knowledge about. I'm trying to find YOU, so you can find ME!



Sellers of real estate tend to choose their agent by remembering a previous transaction with a local agent, or perhaps take the recommendation of a friend, or call the agent whose name appears on local yard signs. If a person had a good experience with an agent in the past, then it's a comfortable decision to enlist the aide of that agent once again. To choose an agent from visibility on yard signs is not always a positive result. Neither is simply taking a friend's recommendation.



So here I am, ready to go to work for YOU, and YOU, and YOU! Can we talk about your desire to move in the near future? "Where is your office?" is a question I often am asked. Answer: Winnetka, but that is not relevant to where I work. City of Chicago? Absolutely! I have handled transactions in multiple neighborhoods in Chicago: Rogers Park, Jefferson Park, Norwood Park, Lincoln Square, Roscoe Village, River North, South Loop, Logan Square, to name a few. Suburbs? Sure: Wilmette, Elgin, DeKalb, Lindenhurst, Des Plaines, Skokie, Evanston, and more.



If you have stumbled across this post on this blog, I know that you have "found" me. So now let's take the next step by having a conversation about how I can help you as a real estate pro who genuinely cares about my clients, and who thrives on success. I'll look forward to meeting you!

No comments: