Friday, September 25, 2009


You are looking at my childhood home in Tyrone, Pennsylvania, named after County Tyrone in Ireland. When I lived there, it boasted about 7,000 population. I doubt it is much different now.
I found this photo on Realtor.com a few weeks ago. My old home is for sale! Price tag is $99,900. A steal. I think my parents sold it in 1966 for approximately $24,000.
Anyway, my point is this; I sent an email to the listing agent, asking a few basic questions about the property. I did not tell the agent that I used to live in the house.
I became very disappointed when it became apparent that agent did not want to communicate with me, answer my questions. I still have not had a response, and it seems I never will get one.
When you have a property to sell, make sure to ask your agent if he/she makes a habit of responding to inquiries from the public, let alone other agents. That's part of the job, right???

No comments: